When should I reserve a newborn session?
- The earlier the better! We only reserve 6-8 newborn session slots each month, and fill up months in advance. We recommend calling in your 1st or 2nd second trimester!
- If you are due in the near future, or your little miracle has already made their “appearance” don’t hesitate to call!
How do I schedule a session if I don’t know when my baby will be born?
- Your deposit holds a “slot” around your due date since we will not schedule an exact date/time until you actually welcome your bundle of joy into the world! We only take a certain number of deposits per month in order to guarantee that we will have availability when your little one makes their appearance! The session is best done between 5-10 days old.
Why does the session need to be scheduled between 5-10 days old?
- Your baby is very used to being curled up inside you, so it’s very natural (and safe) to pose them in many different ways when they first come into the world. As time goes on, they begin to stretch and lengthen making it more difficult to get those sweet, cuddly baby poses.
Are the sessions in our home or in your studio?
- Newborns lose their body heat very quickly, so our sessions take place at our studio in order to regulate heat and lighting most efficiently. It is stocked full of baskets, blankets, wraps, hats, bonnets, head bands, etc. to use as you wish for your session! If you prefer more of an in home, lifestyle session, we are more than happy to accommodate!
What about a maternity session before the baby is born?
- YES! We recommend maternity sessions around 32-34 weeks! Let us know asap if you want one and we’ll save a spot for you!!
Is there an additional charge for twins?
- (Yes, we receive this question frequently) Absolutely not! We love twins! Kara has a set of boy/girl twins of her own!!
Do you have props, or do we need to bring our own?
- We have a wide selection of hats, headbands, blankets, wraps, baskets, tutus, etc. that we use during your session. You are more than welcome to bring additional props or meaningful items with you as well!
If I have photo ideas or poses I want, can I send you some examples?
- Absolutely. Please understand that while we love being able to capture your vision, safety is our #1 priority. Period. If the pose is not safe, we will not attempt it.
How long is a session?
- It varies. As you know babies cannot be bribed to go to sleep, or hold a pose, so we are on their timeline. Most sessions are completed within 1.5 – 2 hours, however, please be prepared to stay longer if necessary.
Phone: (615) 500-4845