It’s just crazy how many things a little person needs every time you leave the house, am I right? Yes, I’m talking about that adorable little baby which has literally taken over your house and your heart. But seriously, did you ever think that a diaper bag would need to be filled with so many things?
I put together a list of 8 things to always keep in your diaper bag at all times. Oh, and just a little friendly advice, don’t leave something out just because you have never used it, because that’s exactly when you will need it!
8 Diaper Bag Essentials
- Diapers & Wipes – This is a two for one, just so we don’t take up space for other important things on this list.
- Changing Pad – Most diaper bags come with their own changing pad, but double check to make sure or replace it with a different one you prefer. You will find out quickly that babies don’t care where they are when they need to be changed, and some places are just plain gross.
- Sanitizing Wipes & Hand Sanitizer – Here’s another two for one! The wipes come in use EVERYWHERE, you can just grab them and wipe down the world around your little one. The hand sanitizer is also great to have to use before you or anyone touches your baby.
- Little Trash Bags – It’s crazy how there is not always a trash can around when you need one. Yes, sometimes you will need to put trash back in your bag until you can find a trash.
- Small Bag with Small Items – This bag will consist of all the little things you need that without being in a smaller bag would float around your diaper bag and probably get lost. It will include diaper cream, baby Motrin, a nose sucker and baby sunscreen. You can add any other little must-haves you love.
- Extra Clothes – There is nothing worse than a mishap that wrecks your baby’s outfit and you are left with nothing to change them into. Always have a change of clothes in your diaper bag! Oh, and remember those little trash bags I mentioned in number 5, these come in handy to put gross clothes in.
- Bibs – These are great to wipe off drool, if your baby spits up, or if you need to feed them. You can basically use them anytime you need a rag.
- Pacifiers (or whatever calms your baby) – Not all babies use pacifiers, but if yours does then make sure to have a backup or two. If your baby is not a fan of pacifiers, then make sure to have extras of whatever your baby loves most.